Code of Conduct
We believe that providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ability, neurodivergence, ethnicity, race, origin, socioeconomic status, political beliefs and religion is fundamental to upholding the company’s values.
This Code of Conduct reflects our expectations for everyone involved in Abacus Consulting, as well as the consequences of behavior that we do not expect from you.
We invite everyone at Abacus Consulting to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone. To build a workspace we can be proud of.
What we expect from the team
- Authentic and active participation.
- Consideration and respect in speech and individual actions.
- Refrain from humiliating, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Be aware of the environment and peers.
- Team leaders, managers or People Operations are alerted if an individual is identified as being in danger, vulnerable or in violation of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Humiliation or use of abusive language or tone of voice.
- Sexist, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic, anti-disabled or discriminatory jokes and language.
- Offensive comments related to gender identity or expression, physical appearance, sexual orientation, neurodivergence, disability, political beliefs, race, origin, religion or personal lifestyle.
- Posting, displaying and sharing sexually explicit or violent material.
- Publishing, or threatening to publish, the private information of others.
- Free and unjustified sharing of images with sexual content between people in the company.
- Taking photographs, videos and recordings without the consent of the persons appearing.
- Deliberately calling someone by their dead name or rejected name.
- Non-consensual physical contact.
- Unwanted sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments or jokes.
- Unwelcome flirting and sexual approach.
- Deliberate intimidation, persecution or stalking (online or physical).
- Explicaciones en tono condescendiente o paternalista a una mujer: mansplaining
- Appeals to the tone of the women’s message for invalidation: tone policing
- Unilaterally assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy.
In the event of witnessing a situation that may be classified as unacceptable, you may speak to the appropriate manager.
In addition, Abacus Consulting has an ethical board that guarantees a line of trust in which all information will be treated confidentially. You can contact any of its members.
All efforts to make Abacus Consulting a better place for its employees and the people with whom it interacts are few and far between. It is a process of constant improvement, and this document is only a small part of it. We hope that it will evolve with everyone’s collaboration.
Application of the code
Being part of Abacus Consulting implies understanding and acceptance of this Code of Conduct.
Unacceptable behaviors mentioned in this code will not be tolerated, regardless of the level of authority in the organization.
In the event of non-compliance, the company may take action, including temporary expulsion or dismissal.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or complaints, please contact the Diversity and Integration Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the elaboration of this document, we have been inspired by the Codes of Conduct of The Cocktail, Ikea, NH Hoteles, Pepsi, Coca Cola, Geek Feminism and Citizen Code of Conduct. This publication is for free use and dissemination.